The Year 11 Health class is encouraging people to support the Share the Dignity campaign this year at Reynella East College. The program works towards making a distinct change for girls and women who experience domestic violence or homelessness. The It’s in the bag program run by Share the Dignity distributes essential and sanitary items to people in Australia who have been impacted by domestic violence and homelessness. The program has been run for many years at Reynella East College and we encourage everyone to get involved this year as it has been especially tough for those in need. In order to put the bags together we require donations from the community which should include essential items to donate to someone in need at Christmas.
If you would like to get involved, we would appreciate your support in donating the following items:
• Medium to large bags to put items in (used or new)
• Sanitary and period products (pads, tampons, incontinence pads, reusable pads, period-proof underwear, and menstrual cups)
• Shampoo/conditioner (full size preferred)
• Deodorant (roll-on or tins. No aerosols)
• Soap or body wash
• Other “luxury” items including brushes, note pads, pens, perfume etc.
• No medications, food or clothing.
Donations should be dropped off at the listed locations by 22 November:
• Middle School Learning Communities
• Student Services
• Wayikuu Gym
(All items donated should be new and sealed)